2 Lbs. dried black beans
3 Lbs. ground beef
2 Lbs. lean sweet sausage
1 stick butter for sautéing
8 medium onions
8 pimento style peppers
2 quarts spaghetti sauce
4 14.5 oz. cans petite diced tomatoes
2 tbsp. granulated garlic
1 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
1 tbsp. dried oregano
½ tbsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried marjoram
- Soak beans overnight and then cook until tender. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
2 Sauté onions & peppers with garlic, Old Bay, oregano, basil, and marjoram until well caramelized.
- Sauté ground beef until browned then drain fat.
- Sauté lean sweet sausage until browned and deglaze sauté pan with spaghetti sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large kettle, cook on low heat, and stir occasionally until it is simmering & well heated.
- Serve with diced sweet onions and grated sharp cheddar cheese.